By: Emily
RABIES SCARE!! This is a personal post about my experience last week. I have already had my 3 rabies vaccinations in Australia but as we know if bitten or scratched by a cat/dog/monkey unknown to you you need 3 booster shots. Whilst rescuing a kitten stuck under our car I was bitten very badly all over my hand. The kitten wasnt vicious just scared but rabies is not something to EVER dismiss. I immediately scrubbes the area with steel wool under a running tap for 10 minutes. This is your first step.
Then went straight to Sanglah Hospital in Denpasar to the emergency department. I went straight to the registry and filled in a simple form. A very small child was also in the queue who had been bitten by a dog. We both felt very sorry for ourselves. I was then called and paid 135.000 rupiah my 2 injections. I was injected in both arms and given a referral for next Tuesday for the follow up injections. I will then need the next one the week after. You pay each time.
NEVER underestimate the rabies situation in Bali no matter if you have already had shots back home and no matter how cute the animal. Sanglah should also be your first destination as they have the centre for Rabies containment in Bali. Will let you all know if I start turning into a rabid zombie!

No comments:
Post a Comment